Thursday, March 17, 2011

Red Lotus


The Red Lotus.

I believe that earrings should dangle and move along with the natural movement of the lady.

The inspiration of this piece came from indian style earrings but I have created this piece from scratch and is very dynamic in its movement. Stones used in this project includes red garnet and rubies.

The actual form are handmade from 20 gauge silver wire that is lightly hammered for added strength. This piece is another wirewrap work that I have been experimenting on. I hope to create more one of a kind earrings that people will never find a second pair on the market!

I have listed this pair of earrings in my Etsy store.



And coincidentally, red is the main theme of the earrings, which reminds me of Red Cross. As every one knows the current situation in Japan, I am going to donate part of my earnings to Red Cross of Japan for a good cause. 

1 comment:

Jie Jie said...

:D very meaningful and distinctive..