Thursday, March 3, 2011

EOTD - Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N 104 Satin Lingerie


As per my dear friend Lala's request, I am going to post a review on my newly acquired Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N Limited Edition 104 Satin Lingerie.

This JS Jelly Eye came as part of a limited edition set from the JS 2010 X'mas Secret Tease Collection, but knowing I will not use all of the items that came with the set, I just purchased this Jelly Eyes and the Blush Blossom in 101 Sensual Dahlia seperately.  I have also acquired the X'mas limited edition (from Taiwan) eye palette in 101 Smokey Quartz, which I will review later in a separate blog article.



Prior to this purchase, I have seen reviews online saying that the texture is very funny but hard to describe. It's indeed interesting! It has a "bouncy" feeling, like pressing down to some kind of mousse like whipped cream or jello. And it has a sweet floral scent as well.

Swatches on my hand:

Under direct sunlight


In the shade





As you can see, Satin Lingerie is a very pale pink sheer color. It's very sparkly and this is how it look on my eyes:
EOTD under natural daylight


EOTD under natural daylight
I have also applied a lighter and darker purple from my Kanebo T'estimo palette to enhance the liner and crease area. Eyeliner is from NARS and mascara is from MJ as usual.

Overall, I like the texture and shimmers/sparkles that the Jelly Eyes deliver. There is not much creasing after hours of applying, unlike the Canmake Jewelstar cream shadow which would have creased up by the 4th hour.

6 hours after application, under yellow light.


I would like to try deeper colors like taupe from their collection if I get a chance to buy JS again.

No comments: