Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil BK 901 and 71 swatches and reviews



Along with MJ's Cream Pencil Liner that I have just reviewed, I have also acquired MJ Jeweling Pencil in BK 901 and 71 at the same time with my beauty haul.


BK 901 is a black liner with specks of silver glitter where 71 is an eggshell white liner with some gold and silver glitter. I intend to use 71 in my lower inner corners of my eyes to achieve the "bigger eyes" look.




Now, the swatches:



As you can see, 71 didn't glide on as smoothly, and the glitter tends to get a bit chunky too. And the 71 liner is quite soft and the "lead" just broke when swatching it on my hands. Not impressive.

Now, with water:



Then a gentle wipe with tissue paper:



Both the L'oreal and MJ Jeweling Pencil has slight fading, and the sparkly glitter came off too... But MJ's cream pencil liner stays put.

With cleansing oil:



All of them are almost gone with the cleansing oil. 

I was hoping the 71 pencil can perform better, but with its inconsistent texture and easy to break "lead" I know I will have a hard time applying to my inner corners of my eyes. What a bummer! Lasting power is not as long compared to MJ Cream Pencil liner since a little water and tissue can remove both BK 901 and 71. 

So the verdict is, I still prefer MJ Cream Pencil Liner because of its texture and lasting powers!




2 comments:

Jie Jie said...

nice swatches:D I'm not good at eye lining so I normally skip that. How about UD, have you tried their 24/7 eyeliner before?

Cutie Fishball said...

Jie Jie, I used to suck at eye lining too, but practice makes perfect!

But the hardest is usually the liquid eyeliner imo...

I just purchased UD's naked palette and it comes with their 24/7 eyeliner, I will be reviewing them in a bit^^

(I tend to like to use a product a little longer before testing out new products)