Friday, June 3, 2011

Mizuho Pore Cleaning Brush



Of the 2 Mizuho brushes I got, one was the powder brush that I have blogged about here, and the other one is this pore cleaning brush.


This pore cleaning brush comes is a sleek cylindrical packaging:




With its 尺 logo and "Presented by Shakuda":



More information on this brush at the back of the packaging. From the Japanese Kanji, it says it's cleaning little nose! Cute!



Contents:



A detailed brochure of the brush. Though it's entirely in Japanese, the diagrams are pretty easy to understand. You will need too foam up your facial soap and apply the foamed up cleanser with the brush to cleanse your pores.



Yes I know, I have my Clarisonic, which has been doing a decent job, but sometimes I want to have some deep cleaning around my acne prone area for a good thorough clean job. I have tried silicone cleansing brush like the ones below, but it wasn't that effective to me. I felt like rubbing rubber against my face and I don't think the silicone brush bristles are actually reaching into my pores.



The actual brush itself:



This brush reminded me one of the painting brushes I used to own. I find the frosted acrylic and satin aluminum finish extremely sleek and sexy. The design of the brush is quite thoughtful. A string is attached at the end of the brush so you can hang the brush up to air dry it after every use.

Close up of the hair bristles. Unlike regular makeup brushes that uses soft animal or artificial hair, this nose brush uses finer but yet harder squirrel hairs, and I guess that makes cleaning of tiny pores effective. It must be fine but yet hard to reach those tiny pores! Since it's doing a great job deep cleaning, it is advised to use once or twice a week only.



Once again, the 尺 logo and "Presented by Shakuda" on the frosted acrylic handle.

8 comments:

Jie Jie said...

This is awesome product! I tried other pore cleaning brush before, but somehow it doesn't really clean up. Where did you get it?

Cutie Fishball said...

I got this from my friend who helped me get it from a store that carries this brand of brushes... so far this brush is working well as it target on my nose and hard to clean pore areas which the clarisonic may not be that effective.... (coz of the bigger brush size and larger fibers)

Jie Jie said...

hmm.. I hope it is availale in Singapore, I guess it can be used on cheek areas?

Cutie Fishball said...

I think the size of this brush makes it quite hard to clean your entire cheeks, and in this case, the clarisonic maybe much helpful!

By the way, did you get my mail yet? I am getting a little concerned since it's hitting the 3 weeks mark soon...

Jie Jie said...

I can't wait to try Clarisonic tomorrow:)..

Cutie Fishball said...

clarisonic is particularly nice to clean off make up residue that you don't see with your naked eye. But I love my Mizuho brush for targeted nose pore cleaning. I am not sure if it's my brush or the appleseed line from Naruko, but my strawberry nose actually is improving a lot!

Jeter9255 said...

You can get them at Jshoppers.com !
http://www.jshoppers.com/special.asp?id=mizuho

Cutie Fishball said...

hi Jeter9255. I checked out Jshopper before and they are charging the yen price (and yen is high now!) It's cheaper to order via a distributing agent in HK, about 30% cheaper than the yen's retail price...