Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Borghese Fango Active Mud for Face and Body; Borghese Fango Brillante Brightening Mud Mask for Face and Body


I have heard people raving about this mud mask by Borghese on a chinese community forum that I always go to. People said it's a good deal if you can get it from your local Costco. However, I never see them around in my Costco but last weekend when I was just randomly browsing I found traces of them!

These mud masks retail for $28.99 at Costco and for this month's coupon book, there is a $6 off per mud mask with a maximum limit of 2 per household.

I seen they offer 2 kind of mud masks, the green kind and the pink kind. I have a hard time deciding which one to go for so I just got one of each :)

After that I did some research and found these mud masks actually retails for $61.50!!! No wonder the chinese community said Costco offer a great deal if you can get hold of them.

2 days later when I went back to Costco, only less than 20 of them were remaining... I think there were over 150, a full pellet of mud masks the day I bought them...

So moving on to the pink masks for brightening:






When doing some research about the pink kind, people said there is a painful sensation when applying the mask. So I guess I will just start off with the green mud mask to get my skin used to this product.


For the green mud mask mainly for cleansing and firming:


 I know I definitely need firming and tone at my age. So I just jump right into using this green mud mask!


This mask has a thick consistancy, very similar to Origin's Active Charcoal mask that I have recently finished using. But after the first use, I think Borghese definitely has a stronger scent and cleansing power than Origins... I really feel the cleansing in action during the 10 minutes I had this mask on me. And since I got a nice deal with this mask, I won't feel too stingy applying it to my face and even my neck area... and I plan to do a nice spa treatment exfoliating the dead skin on my back when the weather gets warmer... note: this mud mask does have a cooling sensation!

At 17.6 oz/500 ml, I am not sure when I will finish one and move on to the pink one!

6 comments:

Jie Jie said...

It will definitely last you for at least 6 months. Does your skin feel tight or dry after use?

Cutie Fishball said...

I actually used it twice after I bought it, and since I am still recovering from allergies (my neck still have some red rashes) I just stopped using this mud mask since it maybe a bit too harsh on me.

When I use it I really feel this mud doing its thing in my pores (aka cleaning) and it's more potent than the Origins Clear Improvement mud mask.

Jie Jie said...

oh dear, I hope your rashes are gone by now..

Cutie Fishball said...

Jie Jie, thanks for asking. They are gone, but I want to wait 1 more week before using this mud mask again as I think it's pretty strong.

Naruko does a good job when I had my allergies but when it was extremely itchy and red, I had to stop Naruko for a few days and use Aveeno anti-itch cream. Well, at least I know it works better than seeing a doctor here!

Jie Jie said...

I overheard two ladies in the lift, talking about Naruko. One of the ladies said Naruko works well on her skin, another good testimonial:) Pleae post your Naruko review soon.

Cutie Fishball said...

haha you eavesdropping girl haha! well, so far Naruko is working well for me and comparing photos of my naked face from a few months ago, my face has significant improvement. I will review Naruko in my blog soon. (haha I am sort of being lazy nowadays as summer is here and I always want to go out!)