Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jill Stuart Jewel Crystal Eyes 102 Amazonite Dazzle *limited edition*


For this spring 2011, Jill Stuart came up with 2 limited edition eyeshadows, part of the Dreamy Garden Collection for 2011. The 2 palettes are #102 Amazonite Dazzle and #103 Sparkling Morganite. The eyeshadows are also Taiwan and Hong Kong exclusives.



I have owned a few of Jill Stuart eyeshadow palettes and they don't have much variations from one and another. They are mostly in sparkly pinks and purples with a deeper tan or browns for eyelining. I was immediately drawn to #102 Amazonite Dazzle because it has a selection of beautiful earthy tones of eggshell white, khaki beige, khaki green and a plummy-brown color, which is not commonly found in its regular series.  

Amazonite Dazzle has much similarities with the Taiwan exclusive from Christmas of 2010, Romantic Onyx, which is also some nice sophisticated smoky eyeshadow colors :)



The eyeshadow palette has the
 Dreamy garden theme design, which appears to be some butterflies (or birds?) on the cases and the paper box packaging, very pretty!


Comparing this case design from their regular line, a dash of colors does make a difference in showing the fun and playfulness element:




The first 3 colors to the left has a metallic shimmer finish to them while the last plummy-brown color appear to have more of a matt finish but once swatched, it does appear to have some minor shimmer in them.



Better close up for the colors from makeupandlife.com:

Jill Stuart Amazonite dazzle makeup swatch 102


As with other Jill Stuart eyeshadow, they come with a sweet fragrance. The texture of this eyeshadow is not that powdery, but it's not the most creamy eyeshadow I own (compared to Lancome or Dolly Wink). I guess because of the glitters, some flecks of sparkle fallouts are noticeable, and the pigmentation is ok (I think the colors appear to be more vibrant in the pan):





EOTD look:



For a full FOTD look, please go here.

Better colors from makeupandlife.com:

Jill STUART MAKEUP SWATCH



Overall I like this palette, but I think I love the packaging even more, as I own eyeshadows of better quality myself. I think I would probably use the colors from this palette more for the night (all the colors compliment one another really well) and use the regular pinks and purples for the day (more likely a spring day, perhaps?) but overall I am happy that I got this limited edition from Jill Stuart.  I could wear this day or night and . I'm already eying the new Jill Stuart Kitten eyes 2011 summer collection for the new Jelly Eye Color N in 14 Dazzling Tear as a base highlight for my neutral eyeshadows. I am still figuring out the best deal for this ^^

3 comments:

Jie Jie said...

I adore the packaging<3 >.<! very girly design:)

Cutie Fishball said...

I love the little birds on the box. What makes this eyeshadow special is the range of deep greens and blues that different from their usual pink tones e/s. But I think Jie Jie may like something or mature or professional as this maybe a bit too 妹妹仔 to you :)

Jie Jie said...

LOL.. you know me well:).. I don't mind having it..