Friday, June 24, 2011

Lancome Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner in 100 Taupe Craze Palette


A while ago, I saw Michelle Phan's youtube video demonstrating a day to night look with this palette in a different color (purple).

Back when Sephora had their 15% off F&F event, I hauled this neutral colored paletted in 100 Taupe Craze. (I admit I have this obsession with neutral brown palettes!)

The back of the packaging shows the 5-step process with this eyeshadow palette. Interestingly, this palette is made in Canada. (I always assume the Lancome we get in the US are made in US!)


I have tested the texture of this eyeshadow palette before in Sephora prior purchasing and that's why I know I love the creaminess and texture of this shadow. In my opinion, the Dior palettes are a bit too chalky for my taste and this Lancome palette is definitely gliding on a lot smoother without any fallouts~

However, reading some of the reviews on this product on Sephora, some people complained about how little of this product is with a hefty $48 price tag. Someone actually did the math that the whole palette cost a whooping $340 per ounce!! (well this palette only have 0.141oz in total) Well, even the quantities seem little, how often do we usually finish using an eyeshadow palette entirely? I think I may break the record using this palette!

Actual palette of the 5 colors, and 2 sponge tips applicators:



Very neutral colors, slightly to the cool side, but not as cool as gray neutral palettes... similar to the Dolly Wink 01 Brown Sweet Dolly (which as a little bit more orange tint):



Swatches on the back of my arm. I think Jie Jie would love this neutral palette but will not go to #3, the Highlighter, aka, shimmers!



EOTD look on me:




So far, it's working well on my NC-30 skin tone for a neutral day look. Perfect for the office too, (right Jie Jie?)

Thoughts? I love the creaminess and how silky the texture is when I glide the eyeshadow on to my lids. I give full points for the texture and also how it delivers a neutral nude make up look on me.

Do give this Lancome eyeshadow a try!

3 comments:

Jie Jie said...

I agree!! this palette would last for at least one year if we use it everyday! The price is reasonable to me given that there are 5 shadows in a palette, definitely great for makeup pouch..err... I think it may not fit into my Cutie fishball brand makeup pouch (hint :p)

Cutie Fishball said...

haha we are like flirting here! I got your hint! start planning as I have just finished Jenny's piece. Will show here later!

I love the quality of this palette. Though u may not use the shimmer one as much in the palette but you can use it on the weekends or a girl's night out.

I think I hauled enough browns palette. Better stop for a while haha!

Jie Jie said...

Please show your creation soon^^

I still prefer less shimmery look for a night out, just personal preference.