Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chanel Eyeliner - waterproof-ness test!

As I pass by Chanel counter in Macy, and there aren't any "Auntie" BA around, I quickly helped myself with the 2 kinds of Chanel eyeliners testers out there: Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer and Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner.

Why do I need to wait till the BA is not around? Well, I hate to be bugged when checking things out and sometimes these BA aren't the most professional.... (trust me, I had bad experience with a makeover by them before...)

So this is what I got from the Chanel counter:



Click on the below image for enlargement to read the text I put in:



Dry rub, notice that all of the Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer is all smudge out already:



Rubbing under water: Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner is still staying put!



After rubbing with cleansing oil, most of them are gone!


I have accquired the Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in 70 Khaki Platine because the limited edition from the Stylo Yeux Waterproof range in Rose Platine has long been sold out. It would be nice if Khaki Platine is introduced in the waterproof range... but oh well, the world isn't perfect afterall...

I think I am definitely interested in Stylo Yeux Waterproof series in brown but it's not urgent, so I will wait till the next time I travel, I will get them from the Duty Free or in-flight purchases.

7 comments:

Jie Jie said...

Haha.. me too..I dislike cosmetic ladies at department store 'cos some really have attitude problem!

I'm glad that this Chanel eyeliner passed your test. This eyeliner is really awesome!

Cutie Fishball said...

Yes I am planning to get the Stylo if I have the chance to haul from DFS or soemthing.

I had horrible experience with the counter ladies... once a older auntie picked the blackest brow pencil and drew a thick line over my eyes. I was so shocked and terrified that I need makeup remover immediately!

Anonymous said...

I've Ebene, Espresso, Marine, Gris, Taupe in my Chanel Stylo Yeux eyeliners list! :P That's almost the whole range yah?!?!?! :D

Cutie Fishball said...

You have almost everything in the range and I dont have any yet... I need to slowly build my Chanel collection... but they are expensive!!!!!

And I haven't figure out my first Chanel blusher yet...

MisoJenny said...

wow so scientific, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Haha...I've only Rose Platine and I'm going to collect the rest in slowly... :P

Try Tea Rose or Espiegle for a start? Tea Rose is warmer peach-pink and Espiegle is paler peach colour.

Cutie Fishball said...

@Trinketslove, I will get the Chanel blusher next time I am heading over to the tax free state! Along with some major haulage! haha!