Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Maquillage Essence Glamorous Rouge in RS 595 *Chu-New-Lip*


A while ago, I received a Maquillage lip brochure + sample from a love package from Japan but haven't get the time to explore. 

Maquillage Essence Glamourous Rouge is their newest range of liquid lipsticks for summer of 2011. My blogger pal, Jie Jie, just recently got hold of RS 794 and did a detailed review here.

More pictures from the brochure:



It even comes with sample from all 6 colors in the collection, plus an applicator. But I haven't try them out as they are quite pretty look at. (plus with one applicator only, do I need to wash it everytime I try a new color??)



Color range:



So after some weeks, I saw this RS 595 at $180hkd (roughly $23) plus shipping, so I thought maybe I would like to give it a try. It's the deepest color in the range and I don't usually get dark lipsticks, but maybe it will work out for my bold lips look this fall!



Japanese are really good at packaging design. The casing looks like a piece of jewel and it's very nice!



On the first glance, it does appear to be a bit dark... a dark mauve/rose color:



Swatching it on the back of my hands, it's much more rosy than it looks on the applicator!



And it's quite shiny under the light:



Applying the liquid lipstick on my mouth:



You can see fine shimmers more clearly in this picture:



Liquid lipsticks is one of my recently found love. I like lipglosses for the shine and liquid lipsticks is a happy marriage between lipstick and lipgloss-providing both color and shine~

In terms of their lasting powers, this liquid lip lasted at least 6 hours without reapplying. And it stays put even if I am drinking too. Of course by the 6th hour you won't be seeing as much shine as a fresh application and I am amazed by their staying power....

In terms of their texture, I do not find it sticky at all, and it's highly similar to the Lunasol liquid lips I reviewed earlier here. Maquillage is as equally moisturing and I love the subtle color it offers (though a little more pigmented comparing to Lunasol's). And it does what it promised-it plump up my lips a bit (especially my upper lips!), compared to this picture from Lunasol liquid lips:

Lunasol Liquid Lips EX-02 Clear Coral Peach



I am very happy with the Maquillage Essence Glamorous Rouge. I am planning to get BE 790, RD 791 and PK 393 next time if I have a chance!

Finally ending with a FOTD look featuring the Esprique Blend Dimensional Eyes (Deep) in B-1 for a fall look. It will be reviewed later on a separate post:

2 comments:

Jie Jie said...

I think Lunasol lips suit you better. oh and the Esprique Blend Dimensional in B1, the shades are just so pretty.. I'm eyeing all the e/s in B!

Cutie Fishball said...

u think Lunasol is better? why? their color is quite sheer... but I do like a change in something more bold and Wah actually like me in RS 595. I think Maquillage has better lasting power and I love their fuller lips effect.... as my lips are quite thin by itself....