Thursday, August 18, 2011

AUBE marble dome cheek Beige


Most of my blushers are in the orange or reddish-pink range, and I have always wanted something in the beige range for a more natural look.

I came across this AUBE marble dome cheek in Beige. I believe it's from their earlier collection.

Interestingly, the shape of this blusher just look like a mushroom:



And it also reminded me of a giant pacifier candy back in those days:



When you unscrew the cap, you can apply this cream blush on your apples and then blend, blend, and blend"



One swipe at the back of my hand:



Then blend, blend, and blend:


The colors come out very natural and the texture of this creamer blush is very airy, I love it!

Comparing to my Canmake cream cheek blushers, I think this AUBE cream blusher is definitely better and last much longer that the Canmake one! But since this item has been discountinued, I will treasure this blusher while it lasts...


I also found these helpful reviews of the product....

"It looks like a strange mushroom - but this is one of the best blushes I have tried. It is a true mousse-cream to powder that sets really naturally. Will definitely repurchase"

AND

"This is a fantastic mousse/powder blush that is a dream to apply & wears beautifully all day & the best thing is that it is different to Nars, Stila and all other blushes I've tried in that it gives the wearer a gorgeously luminous glow- no extra products required!
The packaging is quite clever, the packaged product looks like a ... mushroom! The product is in the 'head' of the mushroom, making application very easy as the user can either hold the stalk in one hand and easily rub fingers into the product on top, or hold the stalk and rub the head of the mushroom gently over cheeks.
The product itself is really very good. I find that I prefer applying it straight from the product (and using my fingers to blend) Once applied the product dries powder-light so it feels like I've got no makeup on- so we get the look of makeup without the weight or feel. But again love the glow that this product gives! 

4 comments:

Jie Jie said...

The design is so cute. Why did they discontinue it?

Cutie Fishball said...

I guess Japanese cosmetics are always producing new items so the older one gets retired?

if we were in the same town, I can share mine with you to try it out!

Jie Jie said...

Arghh...>.<!

Cutie Fishball said...

I wish I am like Elaine, surrounded by beauty pals that they do swap often... I want to have some friends locally so I can swap often too!

maybe I should just move to Singapore?