Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MAC Semi-Precious Mineralize Eyeshadow

The Muse has recently did her nice reviews and swatches on MAC's newly released Semi-Precious Mineralize Skin Finish and Semi-Precious Mineralize Eyeshadow. My blogger pal Miss Elain-Nio has also reviewed her recent haul on MAC's Semi Precious Mineralize Eyeshadow in Precious Hint of Sapphire

This new collection was launched on July 7, 2011. 2 days later when I passed by MAC store in the mall, I was planning to get just the Mineralize Skin Finish for touch up purposes during the day.

In the end, I hauled 2 eyeshadow colors from their Semi Precious collection. (Still considering if I should get Precious Hint of Sapphire, as everyone knows I am afraid of blues, somehow...)


The 2 shadows I got this time is Quartz Fusion (red) and Unsurpassable (green)

Quartz Fusion:




At the first glance, this seems to be a difficult color because if I get a little heavy handed, I may look like someone just punch my eyes.... (reds tends to promote the beat up swollen look)

This eyeshadow in particular has a lot of glitters some rather chunky, and the reds are more on the warm side (I would describe it as brick reds...)



But I am amazed how lovely the sparkles and how pigmented this MAC eyeshadow is. Just one sweep it picks up a decent amount of pigments on my fingertips. The Muse warned that if you are not into shimmers, stay away from it (and also if you have issues with fall outs as well) or you will end up like a disco ball, haha funny!



Swatches at the back of my hand, and it's applied dried. Imagine if it's applied wet!



Though it's a lovely color, I am afraid of the punched up eyes look and the heavy fall outs of glitter. And how would I pair this red color up? So I came up with this EOTD look:



I used the light aqua blue color from Lunasol's EX02 Vacation Ocean palette for my outer lower lash line. And it was until later that I found out that blogger Alice had a very similar look, but she used falsies with her look which I rarely use these days....


Unsurpassable is a mix of greens and blues. I picked this one over Hint of Sapphire because this has more blend of green in the pot.

Again, it's highly pigmented



Swatches at the back of my hand, with Quartz Fusion to the right. As you can see in the photo, Unsurpassable is not as glittery, and it's a nice turquoise kind of greenish blue, more flattering to my skin color.



EOTD look with Unsurpassble:



This time I used a brown pencil eyeliner for a softer line and the finished look is quite natural and subtle. I blended the green color with the more copperish color within the pot to create a more even out blended brown towards the outer corner of the eyes. Unsurpassable has some awesome greens but I decided to tone it down for my everyday look :)

As I am writing this article, I am still thinking if I should get Hint of Sapphire... emm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say yes to Hint of Sapphire! It is already sold out here! :)

Cutie Fishball said...

haha check out my post today, I got it and my Hint of Sapphire has a mixture of different blues!

And the colors that are sold out here tend to be the darker colors.... strange!