Tuesday, July 19, 2011

JK Jemma Kidd air kiss shine lipgloss


I came across Jemma Kidd (JK) displays in my local Target. I believe they are a UK brand.

The nice thing about JK is you can test out their testers at the display, but the bad thing is their pricing seems to be a little bit too much for a Target store. 

Single eyeshadows, at $16 a pop:



They have a series of interesting metallic "i-conic" pencil eyeliners with built-in sharpener in their caps:



Swatches of i-conic pencil liners:




They are quite creamy and extremely pigmented... however I am not really into metallic liners as I usually go with a standard black liner for a more natural look. Maybe time for a change?

Using boots makeup remover (from the next display) to wipe off the the swatches:



Some colors still remain, so with a second wipe the colors got of completely.

I am more interested in their lip glosses (opps the tester for color 07 Poser fell behind the wall of testers!):



I picked up their shine lip glosses after swatching them at the back of my hand in store. 

The 2 lippies that I picked up this time cost a whopping $16 each.



The 2 colors I get is 05 Hot Spot which is cute milky pink and 07 poser which is a deeper fuschia pink:



Swatches at the back of my hand:



At first I thought 07 Poser is more on the rosy warm side than actual hot pink fuschia. But I was misleaded by the swatches in the store:



It's highly pigmented and glossy. I am not too sure about this color on me as I rarely use that red of a lip color. But I must say their lip gloss is quite pigmented, moisturizing, long lasting, non-sticky and no weird fragrance that will affect my taste palette... 

It's highly similar to the Canmake Melty Nude Glow that I own, except JK's formula is not as thick as Canamke's. I give full points for the texture and non stickiness of this lip gloss!

Moving on to 05 Hot Spot:



I love this color more than 07 Poser. I love how nice and soft this color is on my lips. It will go well with my semi-nude make up look that I am into these days!

I may pick up their nude beige colors (refer to the counter colors in the above pictures) only if JK has a sale in Target. I will be stalking them all the time for sure!

And for my FOTD look using JK's lip gloss in 05 Hot Spot:



Products that I have used for my look:


Missa BB boomer + Perfect Cover BB cream in No. 23
Bare Essentuals mineral loose powder "Matte" in warm beige
Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 104 Satin Lingerie
Jill Stuart Jewel Crystal Eyes 102 Amazonite Dazzle
Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner in deep black
Majolica Majorca cream pencil eyeliner in brown
Kiss Me Heroine Make long&curl mascara
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in medium brown
MAC Surf Baby Bronzing Powder
Canmake Cream Cheek in 05 Sweet Apricot

That's it for today, hope you all have enjoyed my review!

2 comments:

Jie Jie said...

Nice review! The JK pricing is a bit expensive, have you checked out their blushers?

I would think that 07 poser is no good on you.

Cutie Fishball said...

Yes indeed, I was misleaded by 07 poser... so I returned it in the end, because this hot pink is too shocking on me...

and guess what, a MAC lip gloss only cost $13 in outlets... while JK cost a whopping $18 in Target.... not too affordable!