Monday, July 30, 2012

SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow 04 Keshizumi


This is a much delayed post since the release of Keshizumi last fall, but I would like to blog about it anyways because I would like to share my thoughts and feelings about how this palette works on me.

SUQQU Keshizumi was realeased in part of the Fall 2011 release and it is basically a cool gray wash color kind of palette. Reika has review this palette throughly in her blog Front Row Beauty here. Drivel about Frivol also has a detailed post with swatches here.

As with most SUQQU palettes, the naming has poetic reference and Keshizumi 滅墨(Kanji) means faded ink, which is well reflected with the choice of its 4 taupe/gray toned colors in the palette.


However I was wrong. When I looked at swatches, this palette offers a very lovely cool taupe color that has sparkled my interests. For a short time this palette was pulled off from Selfridge's website, so when I saw it back for purchase, I immediately asked my friend in UK to snatch it up for me. I am happy that I did. Let me explain why here in my blog :)

Interestingly I wasn't too interested in this palette from the beginning because I thought they look more grayish on its web photo, and thinking it will be more suitable for those with fairer skin.  In terms of the total weight of the Blend Color Eyeshadow series, it has 6.5 worth of products. Compared to the newer Blend Color Eyeshadow 09, 10, and 11 from this Spring 2012's collection which has only 5.5g of product, you are getting more bang for your buck.



Moving on to a closer look of this awesome eyeshadow quad 04 Keshizumi:




The colors that this palette offer is actually a cool taupe with a slight hint of shimmer on the top two shades in the quad. But compare to the newer SUQQU eyeshadows, this palette is is not as shimmery and the colors are more subtle, hence more work appropriate.

A closer look at 04 Keshizumi:

under sun



under shade

A: Moderately shimmery silver that is perfect for highlighting. This cool silver is slighlty cloudy when swatch and the colors looks more metallic in the pan than when it is swatched. Texture of this is extremely smooth, and no fall-outs during application.

B: A pigmented, slightly warm taupe color, slightly satin in my opinion, which is packed with fine micro refined shimmer, with a slight hint of silver. This is quite a lovely shade and I find it very appealing with my NC-25 skintone.

C: A very pigmented brownish-plum  this color is the darkest in quad, which is use for the outer V or tightlining

D: A matte white base color (a true white photo quality copy paper kind of white) which is very typical of SUQQU's powder primer in every bottom right in each quad palette.

Texture of this is extremely smooth, and no fall-outs during application. The the level of shimmers is very subtle when compared to the most recent collection I know (Himesango) and I find it very work appropriate with the right balance of pigmentation.

Swatches:





In terms of texture, this palette again meets my expectations with SUQQU, which is smooth and silky, and application is very easy without any fall outs. I truly think this palette is very appropriate for work with a subtle balance of pigmentation and shimmer. 

EOTD with 04 Keshizumi:



The color combination turns out to be on the cool gray side for me and it does remind me of Lunasol's Ocean Scene Eyes in Smoky Ocean to me. I did not create a dramatic smokey look with this palette, but I know this palette is fully capable of creating that... I may try on a smokey eye look later at some point when I have a chance :)

Finally, ending with a FOTD:


(excuse me for my red eyes, I was allergic to something the entire morning when I was taking photos!! grrrhhh!)

Eyes: SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow 04 Keshizumi
Brows: B&C Labo Browlash EX Eyebrow pencil and liquid (grayish brown)
Face: base-Sonia Rykiel Smoothing Gel Base, foundation-SUQQU Frame Fix Foundation
Lips: Tarte LipSugence lip luster in Achiote and Esprique Precious Dress On Glossy Rouge in BE 280

Overall I am very happy that I add this purchase of Keshizumi palette with my SUQQU Spring 2012 collection haul, as they are very high quality and never fail me.... I particularly enjoy the the warm taupe shade "B" and the over grayish tone is a nice departure from my usual warm tone neutrals. It's nice to try something out of your comfort zone once in a while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I'm so jealous of you! I have been enamored with every Suqqu product I've ever seen photos of--I just wish it were more readily available in the U.S!!! I generally don't purchase makeup that has been marked up or makeup from overseas...but my willpower is starting to crumble. This palette is gorgeous!

Cutie Fishball said...

Hi Becca-

Welcome to my blog!

imomoko actually sells SUQQU here in the US so that's one way of getting it.... but still they are really pricey but I think it's worth getting, even it's one and only one, and 04 Keshizumi is one of my favorite one out of my SUQQU collection, so if you were to get one, get this one!!

If you have friends in UK or Japan, it will be a bit cheaper to haul from these 2 countries...

I am planning to break my wallet again for their upcoming fall collection that is coming out on 8/10 in Japan. Poor wallet!