Wednesday, September 21, 2011

FOTD, Featuring Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N 10 Vintage Decor and Lunasol Water Gel Foundation


My first Jill Stuart Jelly Eye N was in the color 104 Satin Lingerie, which has been reviewed here.

Since then I really like the texture and the lasting properties of this Jelly Eye because unlike other cream shadows which will crease on me, this doesn't. I am extremely jealous of Miss Elain-nio's Jelly Eye project as she managed to find other beauty pals that would like to split different colors with her so she can sample more colors in one go (since these jellies tend to dry out over time)...

I am not really the kind that like to waste things so after considering what colors I would like to use the most, I picked up this Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 10 Vintage Decor.

Cute little packaging:







Typical of Jill Stuart's make up items, they all look very royal and princessy. There is a light different on the rim of the cap with my other LE one, which has some black lacey prints over it:



Swatches. A swipe of jelly at the back of my hand:



Fully blended out:



Under sunlight, you can see the sparkly shimmers:





I have used the following items for my look this time:

Face
Shu Uemura BB Mousse in Medium Beige (limited edition)
Lunasol Water Gel Foundation in OC-4
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium
MAC Surf, Baby! My Paradise blusher (limited edition)
My favorite makeu tools: Beauty Blender in Mizuho Face Blush <3

Eyes
Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 104 Satin Lingerie
Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N in 10 Vintage Decor
Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes in EX-01 Shelly Ocean (limited edition): used the darkest brown as eyelining
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Oil Slick
Majolica Majorca mascara

Lips
Shu Uemura lipstick in 956
MAC lipgloss 

EOTD in natural daylight:



Under candescent lightbulb, the shimmers are more noticeable:



And under florescent light, my FOTD look:

Fresh application

8 hours later...

As you can see there is no smudging or fall out at all for the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye color N. I am impressed. For the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation, there is indeed significant of oiling out on my T-zone areas, but that's 8 hours later, and at the height of the summer, so after a hot day outdoors without any blotting or NO touch ups, I look like this when I got home and is about the cleanse my face and shower. I tried other foundations before and there are worse greasing foundation than this, so I am happy. Only I wish I didn't get the wrong shade as this foundation oxidizes a bit on me and I look a tad darker towards the end of the day....

3 comments:

Jie Jie said...

Jill Stuart e/s is nice!

What is the colour for Shu Uemura lipstick?

I find that gel foundation (watery type) tends to oxidize faster and make our skin tone looks dull..

I'm dying to get Jill Stuart Prism Carat e/s.. the packaging is so adorable =)

Anonymous said...

I have Vintage Decor! it is really pretty!!!!

Cutie Fishball said...

Jie Jie- I think you should try this JS jelly eye. I think it's very blendable and the look is quite work appropriate (and less shimmers than prism carat eyes!) Consider this if you cannot get prism carat eyes! The Shu lipstick is in the color 956. I still have to search for the perfect foundation. The next foundation I want to try is SUQQU and Covermark!

Elaine- Vintage Decor is pretty but I want to have more colors.... however due to lack of interest around me for project jelly, I think I may have 2 more colors to try... thinking about midnight blue and perhaps another lighter purple?