Friday, March 11, 2011

Shiseido Elixir Superieur moisture recharge mask


One of joys of browsing through TJ Maxx is you will never know what you will find everytime you go there, sort of like treasure hunting in an urban sense :)

This time, I was able to locate a moisture recharge mask by Shiseido's Elixir Superieur line, 26ml x 6 sachets for a whopping $16+ tax (see the yellow price sticker below):


When I got home and googled about this mask, this is the description I found:

Powerful brightening ingredient m-tranexamic acid promotes an even skin tone by minimizing the appearance of dark spots. Formulated with collagen extract, plumps up skin texture with moisture to keep it supple. Moisturizing and brightening ingredients penetrate deep into skin. Soft, yet durable mask fits perfectly over skin to lock in skincare ingredients.

And it retails for $35 on amazon.com!! Woa, I got it half priced!


My thoughts about this mask. This mask definitely holds more fluid in each sachet than "My Beauty Diary" masks. Given that I got them at $16 for 6 masks, it's still a very good value, compared to $12 for 10 pcs for My Beauty Diary in my local asian skincare place...  


In terms of the quality of this mask, I like it so far since it delivers hydration and my face feels quenched and plump after the first application. My one and only one fine line seems to be less visible after using this mask. It's comparable to the SK-II masks that I tried before, but not damaging to my wallet (haha!) The sachet has so much essence fluids that I have enough remaining liquid for my neck and arms as well! 


Overall, it's a nice deal with the mask at $16. But at $35 or higher, I am not sure if I will keep using it :) I will recommend this mask to those who will need instant hydration!

2 comments:

Jie Jie said...

Nice review:D I tried SKII masks before, so pricey :P

Cutie Fishball said...

Jie Jie, SK-II is expensive... and this Shiseido is quite similar in my opinion... and esp at $16 on sale, it's really worth the price!