Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Nails!! OPI and Essie nail polish hauls from Ulta



Seeing MisoJenny hauled some nude nail polishes by OPI and Essie from Ulta, I wanted some nude colors on my nails too!


And the other reason is there was a 20% off your entire order at Ulta. How can I skip that deal??


Actually I didn't buy all of the nail polishes shown above. I am giving most of them away for my 2 friends in Japan. They have longed for OPI nail polishes.... It's not that OPI is unavailable in Japan, it's just that they are crazily expensive, 1890yen per bottle. That's $22usd!! Over twice the retail price! With the discount, each bottle is just $6.8usd...


But the other challenge is I know I am not supposed to mail nail polishes and I have seen posters of prohibited items at the post office before. So I asked MisoJenny what did she do when she listed nail polishes in her beauty blog sale, and she said she just declared it as "cosmetics"... ok, I will try that. They will sure love me!


For this week, I am using Essie's Eternal Optimist and OPI's Katy Perry limited collection "Teenage Dream" for a quick gradation nail look. I am really into gradation nails these days and on my haul list is some gradation nail liquid from Japan. I still need to find out which is a good brand, anyone has recommendations, please let me know!


Glimpse on my nails:


7 comments:

sugar sugar said...

you can declare them as cosmetics and wrap them in carbon paper so that they won't get detected by the xray machine. :) the lady at EMS taught me this.

Cutie Fishball said...

wow, good tip! Thanks Sugar Sugar!

Is Carbon Paper the kind of paper where people have a duplicate of credit card receipts? that sort?

Unknown said...

OPI....I love it....It's good products.

Jie Jie said...

lovely colours! I always choose OPI for my pedicure..

Cutie Fishball said...

my favorite colors are the limited edition sparkle colors from the Katy Perry collection... they are perfect for gradation nail look!

MisoJenny said...

wow you went crazy! Just like me! I have a essie haul coming up =] Lovely colors!

Cutie Fishball said...

Jenny, most of the nail polishes you see are already gone for presents for friends I met on my game. Can you believe they retail for 1890 yen each in Japan? Total craziness!