Friday, April 15, 2011

Handmade pouches


After creating a crafty iphone case for Fuzkittie, Jie-Jie is no.2 on my list. So I have asked her what would she like for me to make her, and her answer was a spring feeling pouch that is enough for her to put in makeup and accessories.

At first I panicked. I have never make pouches before, but quickly looked into my massive library of Japanese craft books. I picked this book out:



I did study Japanese for a bit, but it was for a year only, so the instructions in the book was a bit too technical for me to understand. Luckily Japanese craft books are well diagrammed enough that I can make good guesses on their instructions :)



Jie Jie wanted a spring theme influenced by Paul and Joe's spring collection. I haven't been following Paul and Joe so I don't know what their spring collection looks like. After receiving images from Jie Jie, I know the fabrics I have may not be what she is looking for. So I went to a fabric store and got her a pastel blue fabric with rose prints... coincidentally it looks like Cath Kidston's prints!!



I plan to try and make a small book bag later with the Japanese themed fabric to the left. Stay tuned!

But I still want to experiment with the darker fabric I have for Jie Jie, and I paired it up with the laces I got from my last trip to Hong Kong. And to personalized this experimental pouch, I gave the inside fabric a personal touch:



Viola, Jie Jie's name embroidered in the inside of the pouch!

I want to hear her scream when she sees it! Haha! Why do I like to hear people scream?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so lovely. Great job!

Jie Jie said...

Haha:) I did!!! Its my habit to check every single detail of it and I'm glad that I'm no. 2 after Fuz, YAY!! Oh btw, well done, you should try Zakka style:)

Cutie Fishball said...

What is Zakka style?

I am a detail oriented person so I assume you are like me too!!

Sometimes buying things here in the US is frustrating. You may get something that looks "used" even you buy it new... things are not in pristine condition in store shelves... weird huh?

I will make more for you later, when I am sending you more stuff :)

Jie Jie said...

Check out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakka

Hmm.. I get what u mean:)

Really?????!!

Cutie Fishball said...

I understand Zakka... and I sort of interpret it as accessorizing with a personal touch, which is like DIY, and that's what I have been doing a lot :) haha!!

You need to give me outlines as to what I should be making :) haha! I want to make something that you would use :)