Monday, August 1, 2011

Lavshuca Star Decoration Eyes in BR-2 : Swatches and Reviews


This is another wonderful collection to my brown eyeshadow collection, given to me by Momo-chan (arigato!)

Lavshuca is a drugstore brand under Kanebo, just like Kate, they are found commonly in Japanese drugstore. This time, Momo-chan picked this Lavshuca eyeshadow palette in BR-2 from Segami drugstore.

This palette comes in a pink metallic casing that is quite princessy and it has a faux-gem at the upper left corner of the cover. The main focus of this palette is the pink shimmery highlight/overlay in the center of the palette, and it's also a glitter bomb. So for those who hate glitz and glam, stay away ^__^""


Back of the packaging, with a detail description of how to apply the colors in this palette. I believe this palette retails for 1600yen, and there maybe a 20% off at Segami's.



Taking a closer look at this palette. It comes with a dual head sponge tip applicator.



This color combination actually reminded me of my Coffret D'or palette in 04 Amber Beige with almost the same color combo and pink shimmer highlight:



With Coffret D'or being a more expensive brand under Kanebo, there is of course a different in the eyeshadow texture and the amount of fall outs. But at 1600yen with discount, I think it's a pretty close dupe of Coffret D'or 04 Amber Beige palette!

Swatches from Lavshuca BR-2:


Close up of the swatches, notice the shimmer and glitters on the pink swatch all the way to the right?



EOTD with Lavshuca BR-2, I didn't use the pink glitter over my eyelids, inside I use it light-handedly around my inner eyes/tear ducts for a less glitter bomb look:




If you can get a hold of this palette locally, it would be a very nice beauty on the budget item. But for most of us that have yo get it via web-purchase, its pricing may not be that appealing. But compared to our drugstore brands available in this country, this Lavshuca palette is definitely up another notch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've this too! And it's my fav from the Star Deco collection as this palette consists of cool toned browns, more suited for me! :) Indeed, a very value-for-money palette!

Anonymous said...

I have this! And the Coffret D'or palette too... love both!

Jie Jie said...

Hmm...definitely not for me:)... nice palette!