Monday, October 22, 2012

My Chanel makeup collection, featuring Joues Contraste Blushers


I was never a Chanel makeup kind of girl, but since last X'mas where my lovely beauty pals from Singapore sent me a lovely Joues Contraste blush in 56 Tea Rose as my late birthday/X'mas gift, that started the "fire" and it kept burning....

To date I have 5 Chanel Joues Constraste blushers, a bronzer, and 2 nail polishes. I still have to work on trying their eyeshadow. I guess my collection will keep expanding (and my wallet is crying at the same time??)

For this blog post I am featuring Chanel's JC blusher:


From left to right:
65 Espiegle
56 Tea Rose
69 Fleur de Lotus
67 Rose Tourbillon
Rouge
Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powders for Eyes and Cheeks

An interesting thing is I noticed that "Rouge" came with a black plastic cap over the blush dome as it is part of a limited collection while the rest has transparent plastic cap.... but my 56 Tea Rose comes with 2 plastic caps!! What a weird bunch I own!

All of these JC blushers comes with a distinctive floral/rose scent. To some people that cannot take fragrances in their makeup, this is not a blush for those, but it does not bother me at all.

Close up of 65 Espiegle (left) and 56 Tea Rose (right):



65 Espiègle is being described as a soft luminous light peach with gold shimmer and the slightest hint of pink. It would look lovely on paler skintones, but sadly it barely show up on my cheeks at all :( I would give me 2 out of 5 (being Chanel does bring in some points but been too sheer, I can't really use it at all!)

56 Tea Rose is a pretty pink with a slight tint of peachiness to it, and it's a bit on the sheer/matte side, however, this is a fool-proof subtle side I can use on a non dramatic everyday look for me. This is a 5 out of 5 for me!

Close up of 69 Fleur de Lotus (left) and 67 Rose Tourbillon (right):


69 Fleur de Lotus is an Asia Exclusive limited as part of the Spring 2012 Le Blanc Fleur de Lotus makeup collection. It is described as intense warm pink/coral color with a shimmery finish (but not too over). It appears to be much softer when swatched (please scroll down to see swatches) I would give it 6 out of 5 (yes, I love it that much!)

67 Rose Tourbillon is a Nordstrom Anniversary 2011color that is a candy pink confection of a blush.  It is a fresh pink tending to the cooler pink side, also it has a refined texture, and there is a beautiful glowing and natural quality when applied. I rarely go for cooler pink blushes as warm peachy pinks look more flattering on my NC-25 skin. I would give it 4 out of 5 (just mainly because cool pink is not my kind of color)

Close up of Rouge:


Rouge is from Chanel Byzance collection back in . It is a very, very intense darkened scarlet red with a satin sheen, it appears as a true bright red with pink shimmers in the pan, but on the skin the shimmer is less noticeable. You will need a VERY light hand with this blush, or you will risk yourself becoming a clown's face, or in my terms, a monkey's butt. I am still trying to find the best way to apply Rouge, but I just like getting bitten on both sides of my cheeks... very hard to achieve a natural look with this blush. I will give it a 3 out of 5 because it's hard to give a nice application due to its intensity.

Close up of Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powders for Eyes and Cheeks:


Lucky Stripes Iridescent Powders for Eyes and Cheeks is part of the 2012 Spring Las Vegas de Chanel collection. According to Temptalia, Lucky Stripes "($95.00 for 0.53 oz.) is described as a highlighter for both cheeks and eyes. It’s part of the online exclusive (and at select boutiques) Las Vegas de Chanel collection and easily the pricest piece of the launch! It has six stripes of color, though the medium orange and gold shades seem to have been done twice, which resulted in four unique shades."

Of course I cannot justify spending a whopping $95+tax for a purely collection item, but my eyes were set on those pretty pressed star patterns.... As many of my beauty pals know I have a thing for special pressed pattern or spray-on... so most likely this will be one of those collection piece for admiration :)

I don't have any swatches for this palette, but those interested can refer to Temptalia's review on her blog for more swatches:



The orange colors is a close dupe to the Esprique eyeshadow:



Finally to the most exicting part of this blog post, swatches!

Under natural light in my study room:



And changing lighting angle by the window:



As you can see, 65 Espiègle and 56 Tea Rose are on the light side, and in particular 65 Espiègle is barely noticeable on my NC-25 skintone. Out of these 5 JC blushes, I love 69 Fleur de Lotus the most, it's such a lovely peach color that show up nicely on me, followed up 56 Tea Rose for a subtle blushed look.

And when blending these swatches out, this is how it looks on me:


65 Espiègle and 56 Tea Rose just totally disappear on me. I still love 69 Fleur de Lotus, it's definitely the champion within my JC blusher collection!

I hope you will be finding this post interesting, thank you for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

long time no comment Olivia! I hope Texas is keeping you well, and that you've settled there nicely...

damn you have a big collection of Chanel blushes! I only have one palette but it seems to collect dust a lot lol must get it out sometime. Thanks a lot for sharing the swatches!!

The orange stripe palette looks pretty on the eyes!

Cutie Fishball said...

hey Nic Nic-

Thanks for stopping by! Life is incredibly busy here at TX and this post was partially done before my move and I just finished writing it to wrap things up.... I am not sure if I will have time/things to review as my "stock" of MU stuff I brought to TX is very limited to the basics....

I do have 2 more JC blushers since I wrote this post but they are temporarily apart from me.... I hope I will reunite with them early next year when we are definite about moving here permanently! I miss my MU!

I do like the soft texture of the JC blushers but the rose scent can be a little too overpowering.... while I think the range that I own some of it are way too light and the others like rouge are way tooo dark, I do like the range.... particularly Fleur de Lotus is my fav that is quite flattering on my skin tone!

The lucky stripes is too pretty to be used!!!